Monday, September 13, 2010

He's Just Not That Into You

As much as I try to follow these dating tips... you know, don't accept a request for a weekend date past Wednesday, only put in equal or less effort than the guy does, etc... I can't bring myself to bypass the blunt and straightforward individual I am. Being honest is contradictory, a plus and a minus, a great attribute yet a deficit to my personality. Frankly, I have had too many bad experiences when it comes to dating and relationships that I do not have time to play guessing games anymore. I am not in high school... I am not going to sit across the room batting my short freaking eyelashes at a dude in hopes he notices me. Let's be blunt, let's tell it like it is, let's get to the point, and let's figure out if it's worth both our time to go forward. I have come to accept the fact that I can't MAKE someone have feelings for me, and I'm okay with that... hence, NOT WASTING TIME. I deserve better, I deserve someone who is going to "wow" me, who is going to treat me like a queen, at the least a princess... and as much as we are told that's fairytale bullshit, I am sure it exists in one way or another, the "reality" version... you know minus the supernatural beings and pixie dust. The problem is, I don't know any different, I have nothing to compare against when it comes to what an "ideal" relationship looks like. So most often when I think I am taking a step up, I am actually only moving sideways. Every relationship you incur IS a stepping stone to getting to the one individual you will end up with, if you even make it to that point... which is fine, I love learning lessons along the way. BUT COME ON, isn't there some rule that 3 negatives get you to a positive?
Okay, bringing it back to what I initially set out to do with this post. I wanted to relive Saturday's events with Tuesday's date boy.  I go into work, he's there, as expected.  Minor conversation is exchanged.  I go upstairs to do my job.  THREE hours pass before he comes up to give me... GRAPES?  No discussion of Tuesday's events... nothing.  FINE!  I go downstairs later to do who knows what and I can feel his eyes on me.  I shot him a quick glance, "what are you looking at?"  He says, "you, is that a problem?"  I don't even acknowledge it.  Alright then... go back upstairs.  Text message:  "What I can't look at you now?"  The texts proceed back and forth as follows:

Me:  "That appears to be all your doing"
Him:  "I could do more, just don't want you to feel awkward"
Me:  "Oh is that what it is... just thought maybe after Tuesady you lost interest"
Him:  "Well, you pushed away when I went to kiss you when I left so I thought fun time was over"
Me:  "Fun time??? Like I said, I am all about going with the flow and having 'fun times' but I am not wasting my time on a 'fuck buddy'"
Him:  "Meant go with the flow, but ok"
Me:  "Ok, so what do you want to do then?"
Him:  "I dunno"
Me:  "Ok whatever"
Him:  "We are not wasting time we are filling it"
Me:  "Good to know"
At this point I had gone downstairs, grabbed my car keys and belongings and left... he asked why I was mad... I said WHATEVER and stormed out.
Him:  "Why are you mad?"
Me:  "I am not playing games here, I actually have feelings for you"
Him:  "What games am I playing?  I am not doing anything"
Me:  "Ya and that's the problem... last week you kiss me, this week you hardly talk to me"
Him:  "Like I said, you pushed away so I don't want to make you feel awkward"
Me:  "I moved away because I was pissed off because it seemed like you just wanted to get in my pants and wtf do you mean make me feel awkward?  That doesn't make sense... so basically you also assumed nothing was going to happen from that point on?"
Him:  "Yup, you moved away I didn't want to push for it"
Me:  "Ok"
Him:  "I don't push for things I have no chance at"
Me:  "Must not have wanted it that bad then... I couldn't have made it anymore obvious by making you dinner I left the ball in your court to go forward with it so I dunno"
Him:  "I was pushing for you and I wanted to see if we could work, but I have this thing about people moving back from me when I am trying to show them I care my brain tells me not to try"
"I'm at work I will talk to you later about this"
Me:  "Well I'm sorry I did that, I didn't realuize you cared, clearly we misunderstood each other... like I said, I do have feelings for you and it's really up to you at this point... Talk to you later I guess"

FOUR HOURS PASS... nothing.

I text him "So...?"
Him:  "So I think I don't know what I want"
Me:  "Ya not the greatest answer but maybe an answer in itself.  Alright then."
Him:  "I'm stoned"
Me:  "Have a great night"
Him:  "Night"

Nothing since.  Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Run away.

    I still can not forget the comment he made, "Of course not, but thought I'd get some head or something" are not the words of a man who has feelings for you in general. He has feelings for trying to get in your pants.

    A REAL man would not have put you in that position to begin with, regardless if you did invite him over for dinner as a first date.

    I say drop him, move on, shouldnt be this difficult from step one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this guy doesn't sound promising. You asked him a direct and simple question: "what do you want to do then?" and he replies "I dunno" - plus he keeps coming out with lines like "I thought fun time was over"!

    If you do give this guy another chance, I vote for getting him to take you out on a few proper dates if he's serious about not just being after sex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that guy has issues. i think he's STILL trying to work out a way to get in your pants. so no i think you should fall for that.

    ReplyDelete